Mini Mason Jar Apple Pies
Your favorite Apple Pie in individual serving sized mason jars.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Servings 12 jarred pies
- 1 recipe Pate Brisee see link to Martha Stewart recipe below
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8-10 medium Apples Granny Smith, Honeycrisp or Pink Lady varieties
- 4 tablespoons salted butter cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
While the dough is chilling, peel and core your apples and cut into small pieces.
Combine the apples, flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
Roll out dough and cut in circles that will fit inside mason jars. Press the dough into the jars.
Fill the dough-lined jars with filling just to top.
Dot each jar with a small dab of butter and a sprinkle of lemon juice (this step is optional)
Top each jar with crumb topping. Place jars on a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Can we stored at room temperature for up to 2 days. Or cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.