Summer is for memory making and roasting s’mores by the fire! But when the temperatures are too hot to turn on the fire, this indoor s’mores skillet cookie recipe is the perfect treat to celebrate the end of summer.
And check out my Campfire S’mores Gift Basket for another fun summer treat!
S’mores Skillet Cookie Recipe
My kids absolutely love making s’mores. It’s one of our families favorite activities. But sometimes the weather doesn’t allow for us to use our outdoor fire pit.
Whether it’s too cold or too hot, this indoor s’mores skillet cookie is the perfect after-dinner treat!
Do you own a cast iron skillet? I bought one about a year ago and I am surprised at how often I cook with it! I have a really good recipe for grilled chicken that turns out perfectly every time using the skillet. I’ll share that recipe another day.
For now, let’s talk about dessert! This giant s’mores skillet cookie seemed like the perfect way to utilize this pan!
Indoor S’mores in Cast Iron Skillet
This recipe for a decadent s’mores skillet cookie is pretty simple to make. I took my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, tweaked it a bit and topped it off with the perfect s’mores fixings.
After all, chocolate chip cookies are the perfect base for a delicious dessert.
Mix together all the cookie ingredients and press the dough into your cast iron skillet. Leave the edges lower than the middle, because it tends to spread as it bakes.
Bake in the skillet for about 30 minutes, until the edges are brown and the center is almost done. Then top with the graham cracker crumbs and marshmallows. Press them into the cookie.
Next, top with chocolate pieces (or chocolate chips). And finally pop the skillet back into the oven for another 10 minutes.
Tip: I used these marshmallows that look like they are roasted plus they have simple ingredients for healthier eating!
Serve warm and top with ice cream!
Get the full, printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
More S’mores Recipe Ideas
My friends are also sharing their favorite s’mores recipes today. Check out all these unique and yummy ideas!
S’mores Recipe | Happy Happy Nester
S’mores Skillet Cookie | Modern Glam
Homemade Marshmallow S’mores with Toasted Coconut| My 100 Year Old Home
Nutella S’mores | The Happy Housie
S’mores Recipe | Twelve on Main
Gourmet Campfire S’mores | Sanctuary Home Decor
S’mores Ice Cream | Finding Lovely
S’mores Cookies | Inspiration for Moms
Recipe for S’mores Skillet Cookie
S'mores Skillet Cookie
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- t tsp baking soda
- t tsp salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 12 marshmallows
- 1 bar chocolate or 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs about 3 full rectangles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in mixer until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add flour, baking soda and salt to mixer with other ingredients. Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips. Press dough mixture into greased cast iron skillet (mine is 10").
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until edges are golden and center is beginning to cook.
- Add graham cracker crumbs. Top with marshmallows and press into cookie. Add chocolate chips or chocolate bar pieces.
- Place back into oven for another 10 minutes until chocolate is melted. You want the cookie to be slightly underdone in the middle, so don't overcook!
- Serve hot with ice cream (optional)!
Let's connect! Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook and subscribe to my emails for new posts sent straight to your inbox!
Latest posts by ashley (see all)
- My Vintage Modern Holiday – Full Christmas Home Tour - December 11, 2019
- Gingerbread House Decorating Party for Kids - December 10, 2019
- Easy Holiday Appetizer – Baked Goat Cheese Bites - December 10, 2019