I recently picked up the new cookbook, Magnolia Table and it’s filled with beautiful recipes that had my mouth watering. Our favorite so far has been Joanna Gaines Banana Bread Recipe.
I have made a few tweaks to the original recipe. And I can’t wait to share you my version of her After-School Banana Bread!
Magnolia Table Banana Bread
In the beginning of Joanna Gaines’ new cookbook, Magnolia Table she writes:
“A huge part of cooking is owning and enjoying the experience. Similar to my design philosophy about making your space uniquely yours, I want you to feel inspired to personalize these recipes and adjust them for your family’s tastes. In fact, I encourage you to switch it up more often than not.”
So, in the spirit of that, a group of bloggers and I are sharing our versions of some favorite Magnolia Table recipes.
And while these 6 recipes are just a glimpse inside the beautiful cookbook, I hope it gives you a feel for the rustic and easy recipes that are contained within Joanna Gaines’ new cookbook!
Joanna Gaines’ Banana Bread
One of my favorite things to make for my family are muffins. They are perfect for busy school mornings when it seems like we are always short on time! Another morning staple in our house are my Pumpkin Chai Muffins.
When I saw Joanna Gaines’ recipe for After-school Banana Bread, I knew this would be a perfect recipe to tweak. And it’s the perfect weekday breakfast solution! Plus, the addition of chocolate chips is a definite winner in my kids’ eyes!
The ingredients in this Magnolia Table banana bread recipe are simple, and that’s my favorite part. I love being able to bake using pantry staples and not having to run to the store for last minute ingredients.
I added some nutmeg and cinnamon to the batter because my family loves those spices. It gives the recipe an extra layer of flavor that really compliments the banana.
The best part about this Magnolia Table banana bread is the tip that Joanna Gaines gives in her book. A generous sprinkling of sugar on the tops of each muffin give them a sweet crunchy texture that is so delicious! Definitely do not skip this step!
And don’t miss my other post, sharing 6 other Magnolia Table recipe, including my version of Joanna’s Layered Arugula Salad. This recipe is perfect for potlucks, holiday gathering or even just quick dinners!
Magnolia Table Banana Bread Recipe
Magnolia Table Banana Bread Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- 1 stick salted butter melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-5 bananas ripe
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp fresh nutmeg
- 1 cup chocolate chips semi-sweet
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare muffin tin with baking liners or spray with nonstick baking spray.
- In a stand mixer, beat together the butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add the banana and mix until combined. Note: Joanna says to leave the bananas a little chunky and I loved the texture it gave the muffins.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg). Add dry ingredients to the mixer and beat until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and gently mix in.
- Fill each muffin tin 2/3 full. Generously sprinkle the sugar over the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a tester inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Favorite Magnolia Table Recipes
Be sure and visit these other blogs that are also sharing their favorite Magnolia Table recipes today!
This Magnolia Lemon Pie looks so delicious yet easy with that graham cracker crust! Christina is sharing her version that looks perfect for everyday entertaining!
Grilled Havarti, Tomato & Basil Sandwiches
Tana is sharing her take on this classic comfort food! Grilled Havarti, Tomato & Basil Sandwiches sound so lovely, don’t they?!
Lemon Lavender Cake
How good does this cake sound? A Lemon Lavender Cake inspired by Joanna Gaines and shared by Leslie. My mouth is watering just looking at this!
These Magnolia Table Pizzas look so delicious and a perfect weeknight meal! Rhonda shares her take on this recipe by Joanna Gaines.
Fresh Orange Scones
Janine tweaked the Magnolia Table scones recipe and is sharing these delicious looking Fresh Orange Scones! Now that’s some serious yum!
- S’mores Dessert Board Idea - June 25, 2020
- How To Create An Outdoor Room That Feels Like An Extension of Your Home - June 23, 2020
- Backyard Outdoor Living Room Tour - June 18, 2020