This pomegranate champagne cocktail is perfect for your New Year’s Eve celebration! It’s simple to mix up and offers a beautiful presentation! Make this cocktail using champagne or sparkling wine and festive pomegranates!
Be sure and check out all the other New Year’s entertaining ideas at the bottom!
I love using in-season produce when creating seasonal cocktails. And winter produce is one of my favorites. Whether it be fresh grapefruit like I used in my Blushing Pink Cocktail or these Citrus Margaritas, I love infusing some seasonal juices into my cocktail recipes.
My family and I went to the farmer’s market in San Francisco this weekend and picked up some fresh pomegranates and I knew they would be perfect for a champagne cocktail.
How To Remove Pomegranate Seeds
Taking the seeds out of a pomegranate can seem like a daunting task, but there are some pretty good tips and tricks to make this a little easier. This method from BBC food I have found to be most effective.
- Roll the fruit first to loosen the seeds.
- Score around the middle and tear it open into halves.
- Hold each half over a bowl, seeds facing down and tap the skin with a wooden spoon, squeezing a little to release the seeds.
- Alternatively, score 4 lines from top to bottom to quarter the pomegranate.
- Submerge the pomegranate in a bowl of water and and pull apart the quarters, releasing the seeds with your hands.
- The pith will float and the seeds will sink. Remove the pith and discard, then drain the seeds.
Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail Recipe
Making this pomegranate sparkling wine cocktail is simple and perfect for your New Year’s Eve celebration. These would be easy to make ahead. Simply pour the juice and St. Germain into each glass and when the guest is ready, top with sparkling wine or champagne.
Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail
- 1 oz. 30 ml pomegranate juice
- 1/2 oz. 15 ml St. Germain Elderflower Liquor
- 3 oz. 90 ml sparkling wine
- Pomegranate seeds and rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Pour the pomegranate juice and elderflower liquor into a Champagne glass. Top with the sparkling wine and stir gently. Garnish with few pomegranate seeds and rosemary. Serve immediately. Makes 1 drink.
And today I’m joined by some friends who are also sharing their fabulous New Year’s Eve Entertaining ideas, recipes, and printables with you!
3 Free Printable NYE Banners at The Happy Housie
Winter Gin & Tonic at Finding Silver Pennies
New Year’s Eve at Rooms FOR Rent
Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail at Modern Glam
Year in Review Kid’s Questionnaire Printable at The DIY Mommy
New Year’s Eve Party Hat Tutorial with Free Clock Printable at Lolly Jane
Lindt Chocolate New Year’s Eve Printable Gift Tags at Tauni Everett
New Year’s Eve Hot Cocoa Bar Printables at Tatertots & Jello
6 Steps to a Fabulous Table for a New Year’s Eve Party at Designthusiasm
Blackberry Sparklers at Life is a Party
No Mess Kid’s Party Easy Slime Recipe at Hallstrom Home
New Year’s Eve Tablescape with Fun Game Ideas at Summer Adams
- Easy Cinnamon Roll Bunnies With Orange Glaze - March 9, 2023
- Flowering Bulb Centerpiece in Vintage Ironstone - March 2, 2023
- Heart Shaped Raspberry Hand Pies For Valentines Day - February 9, 2023
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
GET A DOSE OF GLAM IN YOUR INBOX. RECEIVE ENTERTAINING TIPS AND DESIGN INSPIRATION STRAIGHT TO YOUR MAILBOX!
It looks so festive AShley! Love you!
I love how warm and cheerful this looks! Merry Christmas
Thank you for sharing these delicious and festive looking cocktails on the blog hop! Happy Holidays!
These look perfect and so festive. I can’t wait to try this recipe. Happy new year! xx
Next time I come over can you make me this yummy looking drink?
We wanted a delicious drink for Christmas and tried several and then found this one. It’s fabulous! We only had cranberry juice and it was great but we will try it with pomegranate juice next. The elderflower makes this extra special and delicious.
So glad you liked it! I bet it was good with cranberry juice too! Happy holidays!