Make these sweet heart shaped Raspberry Hand Pies for an easy Valentine’s Day treat. Using just 3 ingredients, these bake up beautifully with little effort!
Heart Shaped Raspberry Hand Pies
I love a good Valentine’s Day treat and these heart shaped raspberry hand pies are so quick and easy to make. Using store bought puff pastry and raspberry jam, you can have some sweet heart pastries in less than an hour!
How To Make Hand Pies With Puff Pastry
Here’s what you will need to make these sweet heart-shaped goodies.
- Store bought puff pastry (I prefer this Dufour brand)
- Raspberry jam
- Egg (for egg wash)
- Turbinado sugar or sugar sprinkles (optional)
- Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter
- Parchment Paper
How To Make Heart-Shaped Hand Pies Video
I made this video showing each step making these Raspberry Hand Pies. I hope you find this helpful! Full detailed instructions are below as well as a printable recipe with all the steps included there as well.
3 Ingredient Raspberry Hand Pies Recipe Instructions
Start by thawing your puff pastry according to the package directions. Then using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut your pastry into shapes. You will need 2 hearts for each raspberry hand pie.
Place half the heart puff pastries onto parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
For each pastry, place a heaping teaspoon of filling onto the heart. Brush egg wash around the edges and then place another heart on top.
Using your fingers, press lightly around the edges to seal. Then follow with a fork and press it into the edges to crimp them.
Using a sharp knife, cut an x into the top of each raspberry hand pie pastry to allow steam to escape. You could also use a small heart shaped cookie cutter to cut a heart in the center. I also saw someone used small letter cookie cutters and made conversation heart hand pies. So many great and fun ideas!
Brush the hearts with egg wash and sprinkle with turbinado sugar (or colored sugar sprinkles work too). And then bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the top is flaky.
Allow to cool completely before serving.
Raspberry Jam Hand Pies
- 1 package Puff Pastry
- Fruit Preserves I used Raspberry
- 1 egg
- Turbinado Sugar or Sprinkles optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Prepare your puff pastry according to the package directions.
- Make an egg wash. Beat 1 egg and add 1 teaspoon of water. Mix well and refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Unfold the puff pastry on a floured surface or parchment paper. Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out 12 pieces of pastry. You will need two pieces for each pie.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, place half the heart pieces about 2 inches apart.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of fruit preserves in the center of each heart. Next, brush the edges of the heart with the egg wash. Then top with the second heart-shaped pastry cutout to form your hand pies.Using your fingers, press along the edges where the two pieces of dough meet. Then use a fork to crimp the edges and seal.
- Using a sharp knife, cut an x into the top of each heart to allow the pastries to vent. Brush the tops of the hearts with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar or sprinkles (optional).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.Allow to cool before serving.
How To Store Puff Pastry Hand Pies
You can store your raspberry hand pies in an air tight container for up to a week (if they don’t get eaten before hand!).
But you will want to eat your hand pies the same day for the best taste and flavor. This recipe only makes 6 cute heart-shaped pies, which is the perfect amount to share with your loved ones!
You can check out this post for a fun and cute way to Package Valentine’s Day Treats.
More Valentine’s Day Dessert Recipe Ideas
Blogger’s Best Valentine’s Day Dessert
- 3 Ingredient Heart Shaped Hand Pies | Modern Glam
- Sugar Cookie in a Mug Recipe (No Egg) | Happy Happy Nester
- Valentine Cookies Decorated with Edible Luster Dust | My 100 Year Old Home
- Strawberry Lava Cakes with Homemade Curd | Most Lovely Things
- Easy Strawberry Brownie Trifle | Twelve on Main
- Nutella Mug Cake | My Sweet Savannah
- How To Make Apple Roses with Puff Pastry | Inspiration for Moms
- Homemade Pop Tarts | Eleanor Rose Home
- Hand Painted Sugar Cookie | Craftberry Bush
- Valentine’s Day Strawberry Pie | Paint Me Pink
- Decadent Chocolate Pots de Creme | Make Mine a Spritzer
- Sweet and Salty Valentine Snack Mix | Tatertot and Jello
Valentine’s Day Desserts from The Archives
- Easy Cinnamon Roll Bunnies With Orange Glaze - March 9, 2023
- Flowering Bulb Centerpiece in Vintage Ironstone - March 2, 2023
- Heart Shaped Raspberry Hand Pies For Valentines Day - February 9, 2023
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
GET A DOSE OF GLAM IN YOUR INBOX. RECEIVE ENTERTAINING TIPS AND DESIGN INSPIRATION STRAIGHT TO YOUR MAILBOX!
These look so delicious!!! We love hand pies in our house. Pinning this to make later!
These are the sweetest little hand pies! I can’t wait to make them for my family!! Happy Valentines Day!
Jennifer S. Hadfield
Oh yummy! I can’t wait to make these!! I hope you’ll make me some the next time I come to visit 🙂
So cute, Ashley! I love a handpie … definitely making these! xo
Ashley! These are beautiful! Pinned!
So cute and yummy, Ashley!