This recipe for paleo vanilla bean ice cream uses coconut milk and has only 5 ingredients. It is so easy to make!
Ok, I don’t know where I have been, but this paleo ice cream is so simple to make! I have avoided regular ice cream for a decade now. Discovering how easy this paleo vanilla ice cream is to make has me so happy!
Paleo Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
I was in need of a homemade ice cream recipe to top my Paleo Peach Pie and after searching the internet, I came up with my own version of the perfect coconut milk ice cream.
This recipe for paleo vanilla ice cream is the perfect foundation to add in any mixings or toppings! Or leave it as is, the vanilla bean flavor is one of my favorites!
To make homemade ice cream, it’s easiest if you have an electric ice cream maker. I love mine from Cuisinart. It is lightweight and cleans up easily!
The ingredients for this paleo ice cream are pretty simple. Coconut milk and coconut cream serve as the foundation for its thick and rich consistency.
Note: Make sure you are using the full fat can of coconut milk. Not the lite and definitely not the coconut milk beverage. And the coconut cream is basically just the fat portion of the coconut milk sold separately. You will need both for this recipe.
This recipe uses fresh vanilla beans. You can find them at most grocery stores in the spice section.
If you need a tutorial on how to get the paste out check out this video: How to Scrape a Vanilla Bean from Martha Stewart.
How to make ice cream without an ice cream maker
If you want to make this recipe but don’t have an ice cream maker it can still happen!
Simply follow the directions but when it gets to the step with the ice cream maker, simply pour the liquid into a freezer safe container. Pop it into the freezer and take it out every hour and stir it up. Keep doing that for 3-4 hours until it is frozen.
Paleo Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Maker
- 1 14 oz can Coconut Milk full fat, not lite
- 1 5 oz can coconut cream
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 vanilla bean
- Cut the vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape the seeds out. Check out the tutorial above if you need help with this.
- Add all ingredients to your blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth and consistent.
- Pour the liquid into the frozen bowl of your ice cream maker.
- Follow manufacturers instructions. But generally, turn on ice cream mixer and mix until it reaches the consistency of soft serve ice cream. Then pour into a freeze safe container. Freeze for 2-3 hours. If you freeze overnight, you will need to defrost for a few minutes before scooping and serving.
More Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
And check out these homemade ice cream recipes. They all look so amazing and delicious. Yum!
Here is another dairy-free ice cream recipe from Janine. This Almond Custard Ice Cream recipe sounds so delicious!
This recipe for Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream is made without an ice cream maker! Krista shares how to make this yummy dessert!
And Leslie made this homemade coffee ice cream! These mud pie sundaes look like heaven!
These homemade ice cream recipes suit every dietary preference! And whether you are looking for a recipe to make with an ice cream maker, your kitchenaid attachment, or just the old fashioned way, these recipes rise to the occasion!
- Easy Disco Ball Wreath For Christmas and New Year’s - November 15, 2023
- Pumpkin Pie Whiskey Smash Cocktail - October 26, 2023
- How To Decorate A Round Table For Thanksgiving - October 25, 2023