This American Flag Sheet Cake is the perfect dessert for your 4th of July get together. Easy to make and just as pretty as it is delicious, this recipe will be the hero of your BBQ!
Festive American Flag Sheet Cake
Looking for some fun and festive recipes to make for the upcoming 4th of July holiday? This festive flag cake recipe is perfect for your barbecue or patriotic party. Using just a few ingredients and topped with fresh berries, this cake is delicious and serves a crowd! Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for an added touch.Jump to Recipe
Festive 4th Of July Recipes To Try
Before we get into the details of this Flag Sheet Cake, here are 11 fun and festive ideas for your 4th. Click the links below to visit my friends and get their recipes as well!
Here are 11 festive recipe ideas for your 4th of July celebration.
- Patriotic Fruit Pizza Dessert from Tatertots & Jello
- Homemade Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars from Pass the Butter
- 4th of July Fruit Tart from Happy Happy Nester
- American Flag Sheet Cake from Modern Glam
- Individual Skillet Strawberry Shortcake from Most Lovely Things
- Festive 4th of July Gluten Free Muffins from My 100 Year Old Home
- Easy Fourth of July Watermelon Salad from Robyn’s French Nest
- Red Velvet Brownies from Paint Me Pink
- Marshmallow and Chocolate Dipped Ice Cream Cones from My Sweet Savannah
- 4th of July Donuts from Inspiration for Moms
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bites from Twelve on Main
How To Make A Vanilla Sheet Cake
The foundation of this American Flag Sheet Cake is a recipe for Vanilla Cake. You can use any recipe that you like, but I used this recipe for Vanilla Sheet Cake With Buttercream Frosting from Sally’s Baking Addiction. I love her recipes and they always turn out perfectly. This particular recipe is the perfect foundation for this patriotic take on a classic white cake.
Make the cake according to the directions and let cool. Once cool, frost the sheet cake and then top with berries to form the stars and stripes of the American Flag. This is the perfect dessert for the 4th of July, don’t you think?!
American Flag Sheet Cake
- 1 recipe Vanilla Sheet Cake with Buttercream Frosting I used this one from Sally's Baking Addiction
- 1 pint Fresh Blueberries washed and dried
- 1 pint Fresh Raspberries washed and dried
- Bake and frost the cake according to your recipe directions.
- Once the cake is cooled and frosted, start with the upper left corner and place blueberries in a square for the stars on your cake.
- Next, add the raspberries upside down in a straight line to form the stripes of the flag.
- Serve within a few hours or refrigerate the cake until serving.
More Summer Recipes To Try
If you liked this recipe for my American Flag Sheet Cake, here are some of my favorite summer recipes. Most involve fresh berries and fruit. Let me know if you give any of these a try!
- Make This Sweet & Simple Boho Valentine’s Day Wreath - January 26, 2023
- How To Create An Organized and Clutter-Free Kitchen - January 19, 2023
- How To Package Christmas Cookies: A Simple and Beautiful Method - December 15, 2022