Make your home smell cozy and inviting for fall with this DIY room spray with essential oils! Non-toxic and easy to make.
This essential oil room spray would also make the perfect gift. Grab the free printable label at the bottom of the post. Or use a chalk marker or metallic pen and write your own!
DIY Room Spray made with Essential Oils
With fall comes the urge to make our homes feel cozy and welcoming. One of the easiest ways to do this is through scent.
I love a beautiful fall candle! But whether you are trying to eliminate the toxins in your home, or you want an alternate way to scent the air, this DIY room spray is amazing!
It took me 5 tries to get this combination right! I wanted to make sure it was a little bit woodsy, with hints of citrus and a touch of spice. And I didn’t want it to smell anything like potpourri or the traditional pumpkin spice. I think I nailed it with this combination.
What Essential Oils Make A Room Smell Good
My favorite essential oils for fall are Spruce, Ginger, Nutmeg, Cardamom, Orange and Clove.
I you prefer a more woodsy fall scent I love Eucalyptus mixed with Cedar and Orange.
For this fall DIY room spray recipe, I have mixed the perfect combination of essential oils to make your home smell cozy, inviting and fresh! No grandma scents here! See below for the full detailed recipe.
How To Make Room Spray with Witch Hazel
Making your own non-toxic room spray is simple. And these would make the best gifts! Whether a hostess gift, a just-because gesture or a house warming present, these DIY room sprays make a great impression!
First, place 40-50 drops of essential oils in a 4 ounce glass bottle. Add 1 tablespoon of witch hazel and top off the rest with distilled water. Shake well.
The witch hazel helps the oil and water mix so you have a good concentration of scent with each spritz!
You can also sub out the witch hazel a pinch of epsom salts or Himalayan pink salt. Just add a pinch to the bottle and shake to combine. And check out my recipe for Himalayan Salt Bath Soak. Another great DIY gift!
And if you are giving these as a gift, you may want to add a cute ribbon or gift tag too. I love adding bakers twine to these to keep with the rustic vibe.
Essential Oil Room Spray Recipe for Fall
- 1 4oz. glass spray bottle
- 1 tablespoon of witch hazel (or a pinch of epsom salt)
- 15 drops Grapefruit Essential Oil
- 15 drops Northern Lights Black Spruce essential oil
- 10 drops Ginger essential oil
- 5 drops Clove essential oil
- 5 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 1/3 cup distilled water (or as much needed to top off the bottle)
To a clean 4 ounce glass bottle, add the essential oils with a dropper. Add the witch hazel and then top the bottle with distilled water. Shake well.
Download and print out these fall room spray labels to affix to your DIY room spray gift!
Fall room spray label instructions:
- Download the Fall Room Spray file.
- Print out the sheet onto waterproof sticker paper
- Cut out each label (there are 6 on a sheet)
- Peel and stick onto your glass bottle
More Fall DIY Ideas
And today I’ve been joined by some of my blogging friends who are also sharing their Fall DIY projects! Just click on the links below the images to see their project ideas…
- S’mores Dessert Board Idea - June 25, 2020
- How To Create An Outdoor Room That Feels Like An Extension of Your Home - June 23, 2020
- Backyard Outdoor Living Room Tour - June 18, 2020