This recipe for easy paleo chili is too good not to share! Simple ingredients and perfect for busy weeknight dinners. This chili cooks in the slow cooker making dinnertime easy!
Easy Paleo Chili
I love a good recipe that I can pull together for busy meals during the week. This easy paleo chili is made using a slow cooker. That means you can prep it all during lunchtime and let the slow cooker do the work for you!
This recipe is perfect for clean eating and the whole family will love it – promise! I serve this with avocado and cilantro for me and my husband and top the kids’ bowls with shredded cheese.
As I’ve gotten older, my body hasn’t tolerated beans as well. This paleo version of my favorite chili doesn’t sacrifice any of the flavor or texture. And the addition of the sweet potato adds a touch of sweetness that I love.
Slow Cooker Weeknight Dinner
Do you own a slow cooker? It is my favorite way to cook all year long. I just recently got this one from Cuisinart and I’m obsessed with how you can sauté right in the pan!
So, for this slow cooker weeknight dinner recipe I browned the meat right in the slow cooker, added the rest of the ingredients and let it work it’s magic! This is truly a one-pot dish.
You can start this easy paleo chili at lunchtime, set it to low and it will be ready just in time for dinner.
You can adjust the chili powder to your liking. Add more if you like a little heat. I kept this version mild because my kids can be prone to whining if there’s any spice in the vicinity!
Top each bowl with your desired toppings. Avocados, cilantro, sour cream and cheese are my families favorites. But there are no rules here. Add what you love!
And store leftovers in the fridge for the perfect lunch. I think the flavors in this easy paleo chili taste even better the next day!
Slow Cooker Chili Recipe
Easy Paleo Chili
- slow cooker
- 1 onion small, diced
- 2 carrots chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 sweet potato cubed
- 1 pound ground beef extra lean
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes fire roasted
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1-2 tbsp sea salt
- With the slow cooker set to saute, brown the ground beef and pork. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If you don't have a slow cooker with this function, use a pan on the stovetop.
- Once the meat is browned, add the onion and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Then add the bell pepper, garlic, carrot and sweet potato. Season with oregano, cumin and chili powder.
- Add the cans of crushed tomatoes. I love to get the fire roasted versions as they add more flavor to the chili.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Once the chili is done, serve in individual bowls topped with fresh cilantro and avocado.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
And be sure to check out these other slow cooker weeknight dinner recipes!
- Simple Summer Appetizer: Layered Hummus Dip Recipe - May 28, 2020
- How To Create A Gallery Wall - May 26, 2020
- DIY White Rose and Eucalyptus Wreath for Summer - May 19, 2020