This easy Puff Pastry Appetizer is made with fruit preserves and goat cheese. Topped with fresh thyme it’s an easy bite sized appetizer for any party!
Quick & Easy Puff Pastry Appetizer
Frozen puff pastry dough is one life’s easiest shortcuts. You can use it from appetizers to desserts, and everything in between.
During the holidays, these kind of shortcuts come in handy. I always have a package of puff pastry dough in my freezer for last minute invitations to friends or neighbors houses.
And this puff pastry appetizer can be put together in less than a half an hour. It tastes great warm or at room temperature, which makes for easy entertaining!
Puff Pastry Bites with Cranberry and Cheese
Now, this year our holiday gatherings will be a bit smaller. And we may take a few extra precautions when it comes to sharing food.
These puff pastry bites are a great option if you are looking for an individual serving sized appetizer.
Since this appetizer is made using a mini muffin tin, it creates the perfect bite-sized portion of fluffy melt-in-your-mouth heaven.
Now, I’m sure you’ve seen similar recipes that use brie cheese. But, because I am lactose intolerant, I chose to use goat cheese. Plus, I love the tangy flavor that goat cheese lends to this puff pastry appetizer.
I also think brie can feel a bit heavy. And the last thing you want is to get stuffed on appetizers before the main event: the holiday dinner!
Vegetarian Puff Pastry Appetizer
During the holidays, meals tend to be focused around meat (hello thanksgiving turkey or that big prime rib dinner). So, I love to serve a vegetarian appetizer.
These goat cheese and cranberry puff pastry appetizer bites are vegetarian. And, thanks to the airy puff pastry, they are pretty light.
Plus, the combination of the sweet fruit preserves, tangy goat cheese and fresh thyme is so delicious!
Other Filling Options
The best part of this puff pastry appetizer recipe is all the options you can create for a platter filled with different flavors. I used two different fruit preserves for my platter.
I used cranberry sauce and fig preserves. The rest of the recipe is the same: goat cheese and fresh thyme. The combination is delicious with both varieties. And how fun is it to mix up the flavors all on one plate?
So, here are some other great combinations you could try for this recipe:
- Apricot, Goat Cheese and Rosemary
- Cranberry, Brie and Thyme
- Fresh Pomegranates, Honey and Goat Cheese
- Butternut Squash, Goat Cheese and Sage
- Carmelized Mushrooms, Swiss Cheese and Parsley
Ok, you get the idea. The possibilities are endless! So, for those last minute holiday get-togethers, keep a package of frozen puff pastry dough in your freezer, a jar of fruit preserves in the pantry and some good cheese in the fridge.
For another easy and yummy recipe, be sure to check out my Holiday Goat Cheese Bites!
13 Holiday Hors d’oeuvres Recipes
Now, today my friends are also sharing some yummy holiday appetizer recipes. It’s just like a progressive cocktail party. How fun! Click the links below the images to visit the posts and see more.
Holiday Cranberry Cream Cheese Spread – Zevy Joy
The Best Artichoke Dip Recipe – Happy Happy Nester
Baked Feta with Crostini Appetizer – Satori Design for Living
Cranberry Meringue Roulade – Jennifer Maune
Brie and Pear Crostini – Lemon Grove Lane
Cranberry Brie Pastry Puffs – My Sweet Savannah
Sparkling Cranberry & Brie Bites – Maison De Cinq
Easy Puff Pastry Appetizer – Modern Glam
Easy Meat and Cheese Charcuterie Board – Hallstrom Home
Easiest Baked Ravioli Appetizer – Taterots & Jello
Seared Ahi Tuna Recipe – My 100 Year Old Home
Savory Sausage and Mushroom Bruschetta – Twelve On Main
Proscuitto Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers – The Happy Housie
Puff Pastry Appetizer Recipe
Puff Pastry Appetizer With Goat Cheese and Jam
- Mini Muffin Tin
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1.5 cups cranberry sauce or any fig preserve
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees fehrenheit.
- Unfold the puff pastry on a flat surface. Using a pizza cutter, cut the pastry into 24 equal sections.
- Place one rectangle of puff pastry in each mini muffin tin. Fill pastry with about 1 tablespoon of jam or cranberry sauce. Top with a small spoonful (about 1 teaspoon) of goat cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees fehrenheit for 18-22 minutes until the edges of the pastry turn golden brown.
- Let cool on wire rack for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh thyme. Serve warm or at room temperature.
More Puff Pastry Recipes
Here are some of my favorite puff pastry recipes from the archives.
- Make This Sweet & Simple Boho Valentine’s Day Wreath - January 26, 2023
- How To Create An Organized and Clutter-Free Kitchen - January 19, 2023
- How To Package Christmas Cookies: A Simple and Beautiful Method - December 15, 2022