Joanna Gaines’ new cookbook is filled with easy and seriously yummy recipes! I have joined together with my friends to share our takes on some favorite food from the book! Check out these 6 Magnolia Table recipes!
First up is my version of her Layered Arugula Salad.
Magnolia Table Recipes
In the introduction of Joanna Gaines’ cookbook, Magnolia Table she writes:
“A huge part of cooking is owning and enjoying the experience. Similar to my design philosophy about making your space uniquely yours, I want you to feel inspired to personalize these recipes and adjust them for your family’s tastes. In fact, I encourage you to switch it up more often than not.” –Joanna Gaines
So, in light of that, my favorite blogger friends and I are sharing our 7 favorite Magnolia Table recipes! First up is my version of Joanna’s recipe for Layered Arugula Salad.
Layered Arugula Salad
Our family just loves arugula. And admittedly I eat it for lunch every day in some version of a healthy salad. When I saw this recipe for layered arugula salad, I knew it would be the perfect “fancier” version of my favorite salad.
And I think this would be perfect for the upcoming holidays or any get together. Joanna says it’s perfect for a potluck or any time you have to bring something to a friend’s house for dinner!
See, my variation from the original recipe substitutes pears with apples and blue cheese with feta. And I think this layered arugula salad is perfect for fall and winter.
The spicy arugula is offset with the sweet apples and creamy feta cheese crumbles. I topped the salad with my Baked Apple Chips for some added crunch and sweetness. Now, this is totally optional but my family loved it!
I just love how easy this layered arugula salad is to put together. And the presentation is absolutely beautiful! This may be my favorite Magnolia Table recipe yet!
Magnolia Table Layered Arugula Salad
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 1 apple sliced thin
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup glazed walnuts
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- To make the vinaigrette, in a medium bowl whisk together the vinegar, shallot, salt, mustard and pepper. Add the oils in a slow steady stream while whisking constantly. Set aside.
- To make the arugula salad, spread hald the arugula in the bottom of a medium glass serving bowl. Using a trifle dish makes a beautiful presentation.
- Arrange half the apples over the arugula, Sprinkle with half the pomegranate arils and half the walnuts.
- Repeat the layers once more. Scatter the feta cheese on top.
- Just before serving, drizzle a few spoonfuls of vinaigrette over the salad and serve the rest on the side.
Homemade Orange Sweet Rolls
Janine is sharing her version of the Magnolia Table recipe for Homemade Orange Sweet Rolls. My mouth is watering just looking at these goodies!
Magnolia Table Orange Juice Pancakes Recipe
My husband makes pancakes on the weekends for the kids. So this recipe for Orange Juice Pancakes inspired by Joanna Gaines looks amazing! Leslie shares her tweaked version of the Magnolia Table recipe.
Magnolia Table Banana Bread Bars Recipe
This recipe for Banana Bread Bars from Laura is her take on Joanna’s After School Banana Bread recipe. Also, these would be perfect for packing in school lunches!
Lemon Angel Food Cake Cupcakes
Hello yumminess! These Lemon Angel Food Cupcakes with Fresh Blueberry Compote look absolutely delicious. And Tana’s recipe mixes lemon and blueberries together for the perfect combination!
Roasted Peach Cheesecake Mousse
Have you ever roasted peaches? They turn out incredible! Sara is sharing her version of the Magnolia Table recipe for this Peach Dessert.
If you liked these recipes, be sure to check out these other ideas:
- Make This Sweet & Simple Boho Valentine’s Day Wreath - January 26, 2023
- How To Create An Organized and Clutter-Free Kitchen - January 19, 2023
- How To Package Christmas Cookies: A Simple and Beautiful Method - December 15, 2022