This Vegan Red Lentil soup is a quick and easy dinner perfect for a weeknight meal. The creamy coconut milk and rich curry flavors make this dish satisfying and delicious!
Happy Thursday! I am excited to be joining my friends in sharing our favorite soup recipes today! Be sure to check the other bloggers linking up with me to see their must-try recipes.
Vegan Red Lentil Soup
I have a few go-to recipes that are on rotation in my house. This Coconut Curry Red Lentil soup is one of them. Everyone in my family loves this recipe. And I really like to have at least one meal a week that is meat-free and vegetarian. I originally got this recipe from Scaling Back, and have adapted it to our families tastes over the years.
Find the full, printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
This vegan red lentil soup is packed full of veggies. And my kids don’t even complain about it! I have added chickpeas and carrots to the original recipe. Along with bell pepper and onion, this soup is filled with healthy, yummy vegetables!
Lentils are a great source of protein. And I love that they are gluten-free and healthy. Split red lentils do not need to be soaked and they cook rather quickly. This soup is ready in under 30 minutes! And my favorite part of this vegan red lentil soup is the fresh flavors. A sprinkle of fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime add to the Thai-inspired favors in this hearty soup.
Vegan Red Lentil Soup
- 2 cups Split Red Lentils uncooked
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt plus more to taste
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 7 cups water
- 1 lime juiced
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut or olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion, carrot and bell pepper. Cook for 5 minutes until softened slightly.
- Add garlic, ginger, spices, and tomato paste to the pot. Stir for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add water, coconut milk, chickpeas and lentils to the pot. Heat to a boil then turn heat down to a simmer.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes until the lentils are cooked. Turn off heat and add lime juice. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Serve with cilantro and extra lime wedges.
More Favorite Soup Recipes
Check out these other delicious looking soup recipes that my friends are also sharing today! Be sure and pin your favorites.
Instant Pot Taco Soup
Tauni is sharing this delicious looking Instant Pot Taco Soup. Taco soup is one of my favorites!
Mom’s Famous Beef Stew in the Instant Pot
My sister Jen just posted this recipe for my Mom’s Famous Beef Stew in the Instant Pot. If you are looking for a yummy recipe packed with protein and veggies, this is a great choice!
Healthy Lentil Soup
If you aren’t a fan of Thai inspired Lentil Soup then Jackie’s Healthy Lentil Soup is a must try!
Creamy Potato Hamburger Soup
Rhonda made this Creamy Hamburger Soup and my mouth is watering just looking at it! This looks like a great weeknight meal.
Easy Crockpot Chili
Crockpot chili is one of my go-to recipes to make because it cooks all day long and you don’t have to babysit it! Leslie is sharing her recipe for Easy Crockpot Chili and I can’t wait to try it!
This seafood stew recipe looks so delicious, doesn’t it? Janine is sharing her secret to a Yummy Seafood Stew recipe. Check it out!
You may also enjoy these other recipes:
- S’mores Dessert Board Idea - June 25, 2020
- How To Create An Outdoor Room That Feels Like An Extension of Your Home - June 23, 2020
- Backyard Outdoor Living Room Tour - June 18, 2020