This year I decorated our flocked tree with colorful baubles and snowy accents for a fun and colorful Snowflake Christmas Tree. Come see all the details!
Our Colorful Snowflake Christmas Tree
The last two years I have decorated our Christmas tree in a Scandinavian and minimalist style. You can see the posts HERE and HERE.
I love the simple and clean look of those trees. But, this year my daughter really wanted more color. Because I guess white, gold and green aren’t very Christmasy in her eyes lol!
So, we pulled out all the Christmas bins and came up with this happy pink and turquoise themed look that I am calling Colorful Snowflake!
Walking in the house and seeing all the cheerful colors really does make me happy. It’s a bit nostalgic and a whole lot of fun. Come on in and I’ll show you all the details!
A Flocked Tree With Green & Pink Ornaments
I have been collecting vintage ornaments for over 20 years and this tree was perfect for adding a few of my favorites to because the colors were perfect.
Then I added in some glass ornaments in varying shades of pink and turquoise. I love these Cody Foster hue ornaments (linked at the bottom) because no two are alike! I reused the pink ornaments from this Red & Pink Christmas tree from 3 years ago. They look perfect on this Snowflake-themed Christmas tree.
And these snowflake ornaments have been a favorite for the 3rd year in a row. I added some faux fur pom pom picks that I found at Hobby Lobby years ago. These snowy clusters added to the tips of the tree are my favorite way to add texture and depth to your flocked tree.
And the wool pom pom garlands that I found at Trader Joe’s added the perfect soft and cozy touch to this snowflake Christmas tree.
How To Decorate A Snowy Christmas Tree
Here are a few tips for decorating your tree and creating a snowy Christmas tree.
- Add paper snowflakes. You can make your own or purchase ones like I did. Get creative and get your kids involved in making them – they will love it!
- Add feather boas to the branches for extra snowy texture and fluffiness. I used this technique on THIS TREE.
- Add faux fur picks to the branches. I found mine at Hobby Lobby.
Anything you can add to your tree that mimics the freshly fallen snow look will make your Christmas tree feel extra snowy and magical.
What Looks Good On A Flocked Christmas Tree
Decorating a flocked Christmas tree is one of my favorite looks. While a green tree is natural and beautiful, I feel that a flocked tree makes the ornaments and decorations really pop. When decorating with lots of color, a flocked tree makes an especially great blank canvas.
You really can’t go wrong when decorating a flocked Christmas tree but here are few of my favorite combinations and themes for decorating flocked and white trees:
- Metallics like Silver, Gold, Bronze and Rose Gold. You can see my Rose Gold Tree here.
- Traditional Red Ornaments and Ribbons. Check out My Pink and Red Tree.
- Icy Blues and Silver Decorations
- Chic in Black and White theme
- Bright Pinks
Be sure to check out the 12 Christmas trees linked below for more flocked (and non-flocked) decorating ideas! And keep reading for all the sources for my Snowflake-themed Christmas tree.
12 Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas
- Modern Icy Blue Christmas Tree | Your Marketing BFF
- How to Decorate An Elegant Christmas Tree | Inspiration for Moms
- Tips for Creating a Designer Chrismas Tree | My Sweet Savannah
- Traditional Red Christmas Tree | Craftberry Bush
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid for Christmas Tree Decorating | Robyns French Nest
- Minimal Christmas Tree Decorations | Twelve on Main
- How to Decorate an Elegant Holiday Tree | Life is Better at Home
- DIY White Christmas Tree with Feathers | My 100 Year Old Home
- Modern Farmhouse Christmas Tree | Happy Happy Nester
- How to Decorate a Kitchen Christmas Tree All Natural | Most Lovely Things
- Colorful Snowflake Christmas Tree | Modern Glam
- Cozy Neutral Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas | The Happy Housie
Snowflake Christmas Tree Sources
Wool Pom Pom Garlands: Trader Joe’s
Faux Fur Picks: Hobby Lobby
Assorted Vintage Ornaments (similar ones linked)
- Easy Cinnamon Roll Bunnies With Orange Glaze - March 9, 2023
- Flowering Bulb Centerpiece in Vintage Ironstone - March 2, 2023
- Heart Shaped Raspberry Hand Pies For Valentines Day - February 9, 2023
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
GET A DOSE OF GLAM IN YOUR INBOX. RECEIVE ENTERTAINING TIPS AND DESIGN INSPIRATION STRAIGHT TO YOUR MAILBOX!
Your tree is so festive and fun! I love it! Merry Christmas!
Tana - Your Marketing BFF
Your tree is like a burst of yummy colorful goodness… you can’t help but smile!
Oh! This is gorgeous! I LOVE the colours, and your vintage ornaments. Such a pretty tree, and I adore the whole happy colourful vibe for the holidays!
Ashley! I love how it looks against the black wall! And the pink tapers!! It’s so beautiful!!
I love your colorful snowflake look and I’m sure your daughter loves it even more! Merry Christmas!
Your tree is so cheerful and fabulous! So, I pinned your beautiful tree!