These Pumpkin Chai Muffins with Crumb Topping are my new favorite! Yum!
Scroll to the bottom for the full printable recipe.
One of my favorite combinations is pumpkin and spice. I mean, you doesn’t love pumpkin spice everything? And rather than make the usual pumpkin muffins, I decided to switch up the taste and add in some cardamom to create a chai flavor.
And be sure to check out these other simple recipes:
Pumpkin Chai Muffins
Fall is in the air and with fall weather comes baking in my house. I love the way the house smells and how cozy it makes it feel too! What better way to celebrate fall than with a fresh batch of pumpkin chai muffins!
What makes these muffins so perfect is that this is a one-bowl recipe. No need to drag out the big mixer either! You simply melt the butter, add the sugar, pumpkin and spices and then add in the flour. Whisk it together and you’re done!
Once you scoop the batter into the muffin tins, rinse out the bowl and use it to make the crumb topping.
How To Make Pumpkin Muffins From Scratch
This recipe is simple. Simple in it’s ingredients and in it’s directions. I don’t like recipes that have ingredients you have never heard of. Or that incorporate so many items you are scrambling to buy them. This is a one-bowl recipe that gives you the best pumpkin muffins made from scratch!
This is something that you can throw together last minute with pantry staples. Flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, pumpkin, butter and spices. And if you don’t have all the spices, use what you have. That’s it!
Can you Freeze Pumpkin Muffins?
Yes! I like to make 2 batches of muffins and freeze half. You can even take a few out the night before to make for an easy breakfast too! Who doesn’t love pumpkin muffins for breakfast?
How To Store Pumpkin Muffins
If you are going to freeze your pumpkin muffins, put them in an air tight container and place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Otherwise, you can store your pumpkin muffins in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 7 days. Although, these muffins taste better the sooner you eat them.
Perfect Pumpkin Chai Muffins with Crumb Topping
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Chai Spice Blend see below
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 3/4 stick butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt butter in microwave or on the stovetop.
- Once butter is melted, add sugar, pumpkin puree and spices.
- Add 2 beaten eggs to wet mixture and stir to combine.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda to wet ingredients. Whisk to combine and eliminate lumps.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full. Top with crumb mixture (see below). Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Melt butter then add all ingredients for topping. Stir with wooden spoon to combine. Mixture will be dry and crumbly. Top each muffin tin with crumb mixture before baking.
- Winter Decorating Ideas For January - January 13, 2022
- Spicy & Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies - December 16, 2021
- Christmas Cocktail Recipe: Cranberry Whiskey Mules - December 15, 2021