The perfect cocktail for fall or Thanksgiving! This Pumpkin Pie Whiskey Smash is spiced with the flavors of the season and tastes delicious!
Pumpkin Pie Whiskey Smash
If you’ve been here before, you know I love a good Whiskey cocktail. My go-to fall drink is this Apple Cider Whiskey Sour. I make one every weekend for my husband and I between September and December.
So, I decided to mix things up a bit and make this Pumpkin Pie Whiskey Smash. The flavors are truly delicious and it’s easy to whip up a few cocktails with just a few ingredients. Easy, peasy!
Pumpkin Pie Whiskey Smash Ingredients
This recipe makes 1 cocktail and can easily be doubled, tripled or increased to the exact amount of guests you are serving.
You will need:
- Good bourbon or whiskey. I like Bulleit, WhistlePig or Basil Hayden.
- Fresh lemon juice.
- Apple Cider. Not apple juice. This time of year, all the stores should carry fresh apple cider.
- Pumpkin. Fresh pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice. If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice on hand, you can just use cinnamon.
How To Make A Fall Whiskey Smash
In a small bowl or cocktail beaker, combine the apple cider, pumpkin puree and spices. Whisk to combine and create a smooth mixture.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add the whiskey, lemon juice and the pumpkin/cider mixture. Shake well. Pour into low ball glass filled with fresh ice. Garnish with a cinnamon stick or lemon slice. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Pie Whiskey Smash
- 2 tsp pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp apple cider
- 1.5 ounces whiskey
- 1/2 lemon freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the apple cider, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk to combine.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine ice, cider and pumpkin mixture, whiskey and lemon juice. Shake to combine. Add to low ball glass filled with fresh ice.
More Pumpkin Recipes To Try
Today I am joined by my friends who are also sharing some delicious fall-inspired pumpkin recipes. If you liked this recipe for my Pumpkin Pie Whiskey Smash, you are sure to love these as well!
Pumpkin Loaf With Cream Cheese Frosting | Twelve on Main
This moist pumpkin loaf with cream cheese frosting is an amazing fall treat you need to make!
Buttermilk Pumpkin Pancakes | Happy Happy Nester
Your ultimate guide to the perfect fall breakfast. Autumn mornings deserve a breakfast that embodies their essence. Let’s make Buttermilk Pumpkin Pancakes. This delectable treat melds the creamy tang of buttermilk with the rich, comforting flavors of pumpkin.
The Best Gingersnap Pumpkin Trifle Recipe | My 100 Year Old Home
A trifle is a visually striking dessert that layers flavors and textures beautifully. This Gingersnap-Pumpkin Trifle combines the spicy crunch of gingersnap cookies with the creamy richness of a pumpkin mousse, finished off with whipped cream and caramel drizzle.
Pumpkin Pie Whiskey Smash Cocktail | Modern Glam
The perfect cocktail for Autumn! This Pumpkin Pie Whiskey Cocktail is spiced with all the flavors of the season and tastes delicious!
Pumpkin Biscotti | My Sweet Savannah
This delicious treat has only 6 ingredients and can be made in a matter of minutes. Great with a cup of coffee in the morning and equally as delicous as a dessert!
Chewy Pumpkin Snickerdoodles | Mostly Lovely Things
These pumpkin snickerdoodles are the prefect cookie for autumn. Make a double batch, they disappear quickly!
Save This Pin For Later
- Easy Disco Ball Wreath For Christmas and New Year’s - November 15, 2023
- Pumpkin Pie Whiskey Smash Cocktail - October 26, 2023
- How To Decorate A Round Table For Thanksgiving - October 25, 2023