This recipe for slow cooker pumpkin butter is bursting with fall flavors! See how easy it is to make this fall favorite recipe in the crockpot.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter
Growing up my favorite fall food was pumpkin. I loved everything pumpkin and especially loved pumpkin butter!
Smear it on toast in the morning for a mouthful of fall spices. It truly is my favorite way to enjoy it, but there are so many other great ways to use this fall recipe.
And making pumpkin butter in the slow cooker takes all the hassle out of making this recipe. Dump all the ingredients into your crockpot and let it do the work.
And your house will smell like the best fall-scented candle while it’s cooking too!
10 Cozy Crockpot Recipes
Before we get started on this yummy pumpkin butter, I am joining my friends today and we are sharing some delicious slow cooker recipes. Click the links below each image to check out their recipes!
Crock Pot Chicken Tacos – My 100 Year Old Home
Easy Chili Crockpot Recipe – Happy Happy Nester
Slow Cooker Sicilian Beef Stew – Most Lovely Things
Keto Crockpot Crack Chicken Cauliflower Pie – The Happy Housie
Fall Slow Cooker Recipes – Jennifer Maune
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter – Modern Glam
Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Dump Cake – Tatertots & Jello
Mexican Hot Chocolate – Crock Pot Recipe – Paint Me Pink
Crock Pot French Dip – Two Ways – Sincerely, Marie
Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew – Twelve on Main
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter Ingredients
Ok, let’s talk about how easy this slow cooker pumpkin butter is. There are just seven ingredients used in this recipe. Low in sugar, this pumpkin butter is healthy and you can use it in a number of other recipes too.
For instance, try adding a teaspoon to your morning cup of coffee or swirled in a bowl of yogurt.
To make this fall recipe you will need:
- Pumpkin Purée
- Maple Syrup
- Apple Cider
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 of an Orange
- Brown Sugar
- A Pinch of Sea Salt
That’s it! Just 7 simple ingredients to make this yummy slow cooker pumpkin butter.
Make Pumpkin Butter In An Instant Pot
Did you know that your Instant Pot can be used as a slow cooker too? Yep, there’s a button that converts it to a slow cooker setting. So, I used mine to make this recipe since the bowl is smaller.
All you have to do is set it to the slow cooker setting, ensure that the valve is set to venting and turn the setting to “MORE” by pressing the slow cooker button until it changes.
So easy right?
Make This Pumpkin Butter On the Stovetop
And you could also make this slow cooker pumpkin butter on the stovetop. The slow cooker just saves you the time watching over the pot.
To make this recipe on the stovetop, place all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil. After that, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, until the pumpkin butter is thick and reduced down.
How To Store Pumpkin Butter
You can store pumpkin butter in glass jars in the fridge for up to two weeks. And you can freeze them for up to two months.
Here are some yummy ways to enjoy your slow cooker pumpkin butter too:
- On toast
- In plain greek yogurt
- On pancakes
- Spread on pumpkin bread or cake
- A spoonful in your morning coffee
- Stirred in a fall cocktail
And these little jars of goodness make great gifts too! I bought these waterproof labels on etsy and I think they make for such a pretty homemade gift.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter Recipe Tips
- Adjust the spices and orange flavor to your individual taste and preference.
- You can substitute the brown sugar with coconut sugar to make this recipe paleo and all natural.
- When the pumpkin butter is done cooking, it will be thin. After it is refrigerated it will thicken.
- Store pumpkin butter in small airtight glass jars. I used 4 oz. jars.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter
- slow cooker
- 2 15 oz. cans pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 orange juiced
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of your slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Allow to cool and transfer to individual jars. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for 2 months.
More Easy Pumpkin Recipes
- Candy Cane Cookies With White Chocolate Kisses - December 13, 2023
- Organic Modern Holiday Mantel With Green Garland - December 6, 2023
- Easy Disco Ball Wreath For Christmas and New Year’s - November 15, 2023