Learn how to make a pumpkin centerpiece with dried flowers for fall!
This DIY pumpkin arrangement will last you all season long. I’ll share how I made it and link all the sources too.
- Beautiful Pumpkin Centerpiece With Dried Flowers
Beautiful Pumpkin Centerpiece With Dried Flowers
I’m sure you’ve seen those arrangements that have gone viral using a pumpkin as a vase. I love this idea. But I also love “fix it and forget it” projects. Fresh flowers seem to die before I even get to enjoy them. So, as fall comes around, my love for dried flowers really comes out to play.
I made this pumpkin centerpiece using a ceramic pumpkin pot, dried flowers and preserved branches. All the feelings of fall in one cute little arrangement that will last me until the holidays!
How To Make A Pumpkin Flower Arrangement
To make this pumpkin flower arrangement you will need a pumpkin for your vase and some dried flowers and branches. I chose this ceramic pumpkin pot. But you could also use a craft pumpkin that you can carve the top out of, or a fresh pumpkin.
Since it is still August, there were no real pumpkins to be found at the time I made this cutie. So, a pretty ceramic pumpkin vase will do!
DIY Pumpkin Flower Arrangement Supplies
Here is everything you need to make this pumpkin centerpiece:
- Dried Flowers (I used eucalyptus, baby’s breath, hydrangeas, ferns, pampas grass, and bunny tails)
- Pumpkin (fresh, craft or ceramic)
- Floral foam
First, fill your pumpkin with some floral foam. This gives the stems something to stick into and stay put.
Next, start with the larger flowers and place them towards the back. Then fill in with smaller flowers and branches. I played with the arrangement until it felt right. Putting in, taking out and fussing with it until I was happy with the result.
With the round shape of the vessel, I chose to arrange the flowers slightly wide and low instead of tall. I feel this gives the pumpkin centerpiece a little more whimsy and natural shape rather than the stems sticking straight up and out. But you do you and see what you love!
Be sure to check out my Dried Floral Arrangement from last fall that I absolutely LOVE!
How To Turn A Pumpkin Into A Centerpiece
Now that you have your pumpkin flower arrangement all ready, let’s turn this into a beautiful centerpiece for fall!
Place the arrangement on the center of the table and add some votive candles, small pumpkins and dried gourds. Scatter them around and underneath the centerpiece for a truly beautiful fall display. Enjoy!
Pumpkin DIY Ideas
My friends and I are sharing our favorite pumpkin DIY ideas today! Check them out and click the links to see more details! Happy crafting!
- Pottery Barn Inspired Amber Pumpkin Cloches by Tatertots and Jello
- How to Make Concrete Pumpkin Candle Holders by Robyn’s French Nest
- Dried Floral Pumpkin Centerpiece by Modern Glam
- Sherpa Pumpkin Pillow PB Knockoff by Craftberry Bush
- DIY Fall Decor Ideas by Jennifer Maune
- DIY Faux Terra Cotta Pumpkins by Twelve on Main
- Pumpkin Planters by Finding Lovely
- Luxe Studded Pumpkins by My Sweet Savannah
- The Best Pumpkin Wreath DIY by My 100 Year Old Home
- Easy Pumpkin and Candle Decoration by Zevy Joy
- Pumpkin Fairy House by Happy Happy Nester
- How to Easily Make Costly Pottery Barn Look for Less by The Design Twins
And I think You Will Love These Fall Ideas
Let me know if you try any of these ideas. I love seeing your creations! Happy Fall!
- This Mason Jar Greek Salad Recipe Is So Good! - April 13, 2023
- How To Make A Hydrangea Wreath In A Market Basket - March 23, 2023
- Easy Cinnamon Roll Bunnies With Orange Glaze - March 9, 2023
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
GET A DOSE OF GLAM IN YOUR INBOX. RECEIVE ENTERTAINING TIPS AND DESIGN INSPIRATION STRAIGHT TO YOUR MAILBOX!
What a gorgeous arrangement! I love the combination!
This is so great! I love all the colors, looks beautiful in your home!
What a beautiful arrangement Ashley! I love the colors of the dried flowers and grasses. Perfect fall choice!
You always do the most beautiful displays in your minimalist style. I love to see each one
Jennifer S. Hadfield
So beautiful , Ashley! I love the colors you used in the arrangement too! Pinned 🙂
Thank you! I’m ready for fall haha!
I always love the natural dried flower look! Your arrangement is splendid!
The Design Twins
Seriously Ashley! This is so gorgeous and inspiring. I don’t know which arrangement to try first. All I know is I’m motivated and inspired. Thanks for this post. ~ Julie & Jodie