Using day-old pastries, this Apple Cider Donut Bread Pudding tastes just like fall and is easy to make using pantry staples!
Apple Cider Donut Bread Pudding Recipe
Nothing says fall like Cider Donuts. Living in California, they are hard to come by, so whenever we are near an apple farm, I make it a point to stop and get fresh, hot apple cider donuts!
This recipe is a great way to use day-old donuts or if you are looking for a great fall dessert recipe.
I love fresh apple cider donuts, but when you can’t find them from a local apple farm, Trader Joe’s saves the day! The donuts from TJ’s are surprisingly delicious and perfect for this recipe.
Fall Baking Recipes
Before we get to the recipe, here are some fun and delicious fall baking recipes that my friends are sharing. Be sure to click the links below the pic to visit their blog and you can pin the recipe for later!
- How to Make Pretty Fall Cookies | My 100 Year Old Home
- Apple Cider Donut Bread Pudding | Modern Glam
- Pumpkin Scones with Maple Glaze | Paint Me Pink
- Jalapeno Popper Pumpkin-Shaped Cheese Ball | Tatertots and Jello
- Pumpkin Hand Pies Recipe (Mini Pastries) | Happy Happy Nester
- Classic French Apple Tart | Sincerely, Marie
- A Roundup of My Favorite Fall Treats | Pasha is Home
- How to Easily Make the Best Air Fryer Breakfast Pop Tarts Now | The Design Twins
- Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting | Maison de Cinq
- Gorgonzola & Pear Pizza | My Sweet Savannah
- Hearty Homemade Chicken Pot Pie | Twelve on Main
- Pumpkin Molasses Cookies | Finding Lovely
How To Make Cider Donut Bread Pudding
Making this recipe is simple, especially because the donuts are pre-made.
Using day-old donuts, tear them into small pieces – roughly 1″ in size. If your donuts are fresh, place them on a baking sheet in a single layer and let dry out for a day or two. The drier the donuts, the crunchier the texture of the bread pudding will be.
Next, in a large bowl, whisk four eggs and then add the milk, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, sugars, spices and baking soda. Whisk it together until smooth. This will be your pudding mixture and what makes this apple cider donut bread pudding recipe so delicious!
Place the donut pieces in a large baking dish – 8×10 is a good size. Pour the liquid mixture over the donuts and using your clean hands, press the donut pieces down so they can soak up all the good pudding mixture.
Let the donuts soak in the liquid for about 15 minutes before covering with foil and baking in the oven for 35 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
After 35 minutes, remove from the over and take the foil off the pan, sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture and place bak into the oven. Bake uncovered for another 20 minutes or until the top is golden and crunchy.
Let cool slightly before serving. You can serve this Apple Cider Donut Bread Pudding with a side of vanilla ice cream, salted caramel sauce or it’s just as delicious on it’s own!
Cider Donut Bread Pudding
- 12 apple cider donuts
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Tear apple cider donuts into small pieces – about 1" in size. Place on a baking sheet and leave out for a day to dry out.
- Place the donut pieces into a greased 8×10 baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs and whisk. To the eggs, add the milk, heavy whipping cream, sugars, vanilla extract, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk to combine throughly.
- Pour mixture over the apple cider donut pieces. Using clean hands, push the donut pieces into the mixture and allow to soak for 15-20 minutes before baking.
- While the donut pieces are soaking, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover the baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove tin foil, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and then place back in oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes until top is golden and crusty. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Serve with salted caramel sauce or with vanilla ice cream.
My Favorite Fall Recipes
And here are some of my favorite fall recipes from the archives. You will be sure to find something yummy to make during these beautiful fall days.
Save This Pin For Later
- Make This Sweet & Simple Boho Valentine’s Day Wreath - January 26, 2023
- How To Create An Organized and Clutter-Free Kitchen - January 19, 2023
- How To Package Christmas Cookies: A Simple and Beautiful Method - December 15, 2022