Mason Jar Greek Salad that can be prepped ahead of time and is perfect for on-the-go. I love this salad that is bursting with flavors and tons of nutrients.
For the past month I have been making these Mason Jar Greek Salads to take with me to work. Not only are they satisfying, but they are loaded with veggies, protein and tons of flavor! They take just a few minutes to make.
Mason Jar Greek Salad Recipe
If you work outside the home, or have a busy schedule, you know how hard it is to pre-plan your lunch to make sure you aren’t starving come dinnertime.
I have been making these mason jar greek salads for awhile now and I love the way they taste and how easy they are to bulk-prep. I make 3-4 at a time to last me most of the week. And I have even been making them on the weekends too. They are just that good!
I found the perfect jars to fit a good size salad too. These jars seal tight and are durable and dishwasher safe. The opening is not like a typical mason jar. It is wide which makes eating this salad right from the jar so much easier.
Mediterranean Salad In A Jar Ingredients
Now, you can totally customize your salad to fit whatever preferences you have. But I will share what I like to add to my mason jar greek salad.
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Kalamata Olives
- Chicken breast
- Feta Cheese
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Arugula or Baby Lettuce
How To Make Baked Chicken For Salads
To make your own chicken for this salad, take 2 chicken breasts and toss them in olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and italian seasoning. Bake uncovered in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes. Let cool, then slice or cube the chicken. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. These chicken pieces are perfect for salad or the kids lunches paired with hummus.
Easy Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
And my favorite balsamic dressing recipe is so easy. Add 6 ounces balsamic vinegar to 3 TBSP olive oil. Add 2 TBSP of dried Italian seasoning and a dash of salt and pepper. Mix well.
Mason Jar Greek Salad Recipe
The key to making this mason jar greek salad is to keep the dressing on the bottom and layer the wet ingredients on top and finish with the lettuce. This way the lettuce won’t get soggy. And bonus, the cucumbers and tomatoes get to marinate in the delicious dressing.
So, start by pouring in the desired amount of dressing. I have learned that less is more here. Maybe 1-2 TBSP of balsamic dressing is all you need. Then add your tomatoes, cucumbers, chickpeas, olives and feta cheese. Add your chicken on top of that and then finish filling up the jar with your lettuce.
It’s really that simple. Seal your jar and refrigerate until you’re ready to eat your salad.
And when it’s time to eat, simply turn the jar upside down (with the lid sealed) and let the dressing go through all the ingredients. Enjoy!
The Perfect Salad On The Go
This mason jar greek salad is the perfect salad for on the go. It can be left at room temperature for up to two hours. So, grab your jar salad, a fork and you’re good to go!
Mason Jar Greek Salad
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp feta cheese
- 3 tbsp chickpeas
- 2 tbsp Cucumbers
- 2 tbsp Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken breast diced
- Using a wide-mouth mason jar, pour the vinaigrette into the bottom of the jar. Next, add tomatoes, cucumbers, chickpeas, feta cheese and chicken. Top with arugula or baby lettuce. Seal the jar and store up to 4 days in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, place the jar upside down letting the dressing soak into the salad ingredients. Turn right side up and enjoy!
More Spring Salad Ideas
- Spring Salad Recipe with Spice-Rubbed Salmon | My 100 Year Old Home
- Mason Jar Greek Salad | Modern Glam
- Cold Sweet Potato Salad Recipe | Happy Happy Nester
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe | My Sweet Savannah
- Lemon Orzo Pasta Salad | Tatertots and Jello
- Fresh Spring Luncheon Salad | Make Mine a Spritzer
- Spring Tortellini Salad | Twelve on Main
- Simple French Carrot Salad | Most Lovely Things
- Spring Strawberry Salad | Finding Lovely
If you liked this Mason Jar Greek Salad, Check Out These Too!
Save This Pin For Later
If you’re like me, I love to save recipes for later inspiration. Here’s a pin graphic you can save to one of your recipe boards. Enjoy!
- This Mason Jar Greek Salad Recipe Is So Good! - April 13, 2023
- How To Make A Hydrangea Wreath In A Market Basket - March 23, 2023
- Easy Cinnamon Roll Bunnies With Orange Glaze - March 9, 2023
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
GET A DOSE OF GLAM IN YOUR INBOX. RECEIVE ENTERTAINING TIPS AND DESIGN INSPIRATION STRAIGHT TO YOUR MAILBOX!
Super cute idea, Ashley! You must be the hit of the lunchroom! xo
haha or just the backroom at the store 😉
Such a great picnic idea, ashley!! so cute. Pinned!
Ashley! These look so pretty! I wish I had a few jars in my refrigerator right now!