Host a Hocus Pocus Movie Night and make this fun themed snack board! An easy to make and festive treat for Halloween (or any time of year)!
Hocus Pocus Movie Night: Snack Board and Drink Ideas
A few weeks ago, I hosted a Hocus Pocus movie night for my daughter and her friends to watch the premier of the sequel. We made this fun, themed snack board and it was a hit with the girls! There’s nothing better than watching a movie with friends and munching on a few festive treats, right?
I’ll show you how I put this together and give you a few options for what to include on your board as well. Find all the details below.
Here are a few other Halloween Charcuterie and Snack Ideas
- Halloween Snack Board: Trader Joe’s Edition
- Easy Halloween Candy Board
- Easy Halloween Cupcakes
- Black Cat Skeleton Cookies
More Halloween Treat Ideas
And be sure to check out the other fun Halloween food ideas being shared today by my friends.
Blogger’s Best Halloween Treats
- Blueberry Bat Pies | Paint Me Pink
- Monster Lime Margarita Float | My Sweet Savannah
- How to Easily Make Adorable Brownie Bats with Halloween Oreos | The Design Twins
- Hocus Pocus Snack Board | Modern Glam
- Halloween Monster Chocolate Candy Bark | Zevy Joy
- My Favorite Halloween Sugar Cookies | My 100 Year Old Home
- Spider Web Brownies | Jennifer Maune
- Pumpkin-Shaped Cheesy Pull Apart Bread | Tater Tots and Jello
- Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches | Happy Happy Nester
- Easy 3 Ingredient Oreo Balls Halloween Treat | Twelve on Main
- Halloween Meringue Ghosts | Finding Lovely
- Easy Halloween Bark | Most Lovely Things
Hocus Pocus Movie Night Snack Board
This Hocus Pocus Movie Night board is so fun to make. The most important part of making this board is creating the Sanderson Sisters at the center. Cheese wheels are perfect for the faces. I used Boursin cheese per request from my daughter, but Brie would also work really well!
Then you can fill in the rest of your board with your favorite fall treats. Here are a few ideas and details for what I used for the faces.
Winifred features salami spirals for her hair. Simply take salami, fold in half and roll up. Place on your board above the cheese in the shape of her hair. For her face, I used a red licorice strand (from a twizzlers pull and peel) and black cake gel icing to draw the eyes.
Winifred wears a green dress, so below her face, I used green grapes to mimic her outfit. Other ideas include cucumbers, kiwis, broccoli.
Sarah Sanderson has blonde wavy hair. So, I used puffed corn snacks above the cheese to create a cascade of hair. For her face, I used the same gel icing, red licorice and added a beauty mark with the icing below her lip as well.
Other ideas for her hair include popcorn, cheese cubes or any other light yellow colored food.
For Sarah’s red dress, I used sliced strawberries. You could also use red grapes or pomegranate seeds.
If you recall from the Hocus Pocus movie, Mary has dark brown hair that is styled in a quirky bouffant on top of her head. So, I felt blackberries would be perfect to recreate that look.
Mary features an orange and red dress, so orange segments are fitting for her outfit. You could also use orange cheese cubes.
Halloween Food Ideas To Fill Your Snack Board
Once you have your Sanderson Sisters done, it’s time to fill in the rest of the board. Here are some ideas of what you could use, but most importantly, fill it with your family (or friends’) favorite treats. Whatever foods your party will want to munch on for your Hocus Pocus Movie Night.
- Ghost Chips
- Halloween Gummies (teeth, eyeballs, witches fingers all found at Target)
- Candy Corn
- Veggies (cucumbers, carrots, jicama, sugar snap peas)
- Witches Brooms (see details below)
These “witches brooms” are fun to add to your Hocus Pocus movie night snack board. And they are a cinch to make. Take an unwrapped mini Reese’s PB cup, turn it upside down and stick a pretzel stick into the bottom. Voila! Instant brooms that are a fun snack.
Halloween Cocktail Idea
This fun Halloween cocktail is actually so simple to make! Here is the recipe. I think it’s perfect for a Hocus Pocus Movie Night or any other Halloween party.
Halloween Gin & Tonic
- 2 ounces Empress 1908 gin
- 4-5 ounces FeverTree Tonic Water
Add ice to your glass, pour in the Empress gin and top with tonic water. The tonic will turn the blue gin purple for the perfect Halloween cocktail. Garnish with fun or festive Halloween drink stirrer or straw. Easy peasy!